Options to Reduce Expenditures
The Most Important Economic and Fiscal Decisions Facing the Next Mayor
This presentation was given during CBC's Conference on The Most Important Economic and Fiscal Decisions Facing the Next Mayor, which took place on December 6, 2013..
CBC provides a framework for curbing expenditures effectively and provides 8 options for savings:
- Implementing health insurance premium-sharing;
- Consolidating union welfare funds;
- Moving to a 40-hour work week;
- Curtailing overtime;
- Eliminating the Absent Teacher Reserve;
- Using regional wast-to-energy plants;
- Improving procurement practices; and
- Implementing construction contracting reform.
Download the PresentationOptions to Reduce Expenditures
A video of the presentation and panel discussion can be found here.
Other materials from the conference can be found online: Managing Economic Development Programs in New York City; Planning After PLANYC: A Framework for Developing New York City's Next Ten-Year Capital Strategy; Tax Policy Choices and New York City's Competitive Position; and Options for Property Tax Reform.